- Boat/Watercraft Insurance
Boat/Watercraft Insurance in Louisiana
Boat insurance provides you with confidence and peace of mind while enjoying the water. We offer boat insurance here at Soto Insurance Agency in Covington, LA. Some of the coverage options we offer range from boater liability coverage to medical payment coverage. We will work with you to find the right policy that meets your needs.
Boat/Watercraft Insurance Requirements
Boat insurance is not required in Louisiana. However, when financing your boat, your lender could require you to purchase insurance. Furthermore, marinas can request proof of insurance at any time.
Boat/Watercraft Insurance Coverage
Here is what boat insurance covers:
- Navigational area- While you are in the water, it is critical that you know where you are covered. It is typical to have protection up to 75 mimles from the coastline in the U.S.
- Agreed value- Boats will also lose value over time. If your boat is a total loss, you will receive th value that it’s insured for.
- Liability- This protects you if you cause an accident that causes injuries to another person. This also covers you if you cause property damage to another person’s property. This will cover the other party’s lost wages and medical costs.
- Medical payments- This covers both you and your passengers if you are hurt in a boating accident no matter who causes it.
- Physical damage- This covers repair and replacement expenses for your boat if it or anything attached to it becomes damaged or stolen.
- Personal effects- This protects your valuable items including jewelry, cell phones, and clothing in the event they become damaged or stolen.
- Unattached equipment- This covers any equipment that isn’t permanently attached to your boat such as oars, fire extinguishers, and more.
Get An Obligation-Free Quote Today
To receive a quote for boat insurance, give Soto Insurance Agency a call today. Our office is located in Covington, LA and we are happy to assist clients all over Louisiana.